Department of Posts operating under Ministry of Communications has released India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 notification. India Post recruits candidates for engaging as Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in Branch Post Offices (BOs). The category of posts come under GDS for this particular recruitment are Branch Postmaster (BPM) and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM). India post has created a number of Branch offices in unbanked villages in 2023. The candidates selected through this recruitment will be posted in such BOs. Therefore interested candidates can apply for the GDS Recruitment provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 Overview:
The Postal Department which works under the Government of India is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for Online Engagement of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) through Special Cycle. India Post has released a detailed notification regarding this on 20th May 2023. So candidates can apply online through the department’s official website between 22nd May and 11th June 2023. Below is a summary of the India post GDS recruitment 2023.
|Name of Post
|Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
|No. of Vacancies
|BOs (Unbanked Villages)
|Start Date of Online Application
|Last Date of Online Application
|Online Application Correction Window
|12.06.2023 to 14.06.2023
GDS Vacancy Details 2023:
India Post has announced a total of 12,828 vacancies through this recruitment. These candidates will be posted in the Branch Post Offices created in unbanked villages across 23 Postal Circles as Gramin Dak Sevaks as per the Department of Posts. Applicants can find the vacancy details in below section. The language column mentions the local languages of the postal circles in which the applicants must have adequate knowledge.
Who can apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2023?
Now that we know about India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 and the number of vacancies which will be filled up through this recruitment. But who are all eligible for these vacancies?? India post has given a set of instructions on who can apply for these vacancies. Those include educational qualification, age limit and other requirements.
1. Age Limit
The applicants who want to apply for this post must be at least 18 years of age and their age shall not exceed a maximum of 40 years as on the last date of application i.e. 11.06.2023. India Post also provides age relaxations for upper limit based on the category of the applicants as follow.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates: No relaxation
- Other Backward Castes (OBC) Candidates: 3 years
- Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) Candidates: 5 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Candidates: 10 years
2. Educational Qualification:
Applicants must possess below educational qualification as on date of the recruitment notification i.e. 20.05.2023.
- Candidates should have completed Secondary School Leaving Certificate SSLC from any Government of India or Union Territories or State Governments recognized board of school education.
- Should have studied Mathematics, English and local language as elective or compulsory subjects.
3. Other Required Qualifications:
The candidates must also have adequate knowledge about computer, should know bicycle riding and should have suitable means of livelihood.
India Post will select candidates for the engagement of Gramin Dak Sevaks through below process.
- Shortlisting of applications based on system generated merit list.
- Verification of original documents of the shortlisted candidates by a verifying authority.
The applicants need to pay a fee of Rs.100 towards registration which is a non-refundable fee. So applicants are required to check the eligibility before making payment of fee. However the application fee is exempted for female, transwomen, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and PwD candidates. Applicants shall pay they fee through online mode. Candidates need to note down the registration number which will be required at the time of payment of fee.
How can one Apply Online for India Post GDS Recruitment 2023?
Candidates can apply online for the India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 through their official website. Applicants can find below the detailed steps on how to apply for the GDS recruitment.
- Log on to India Post official website at www.indiapost.gov.in
- Click on “Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Online Engagement-Special Cycle, May,2023” link flashing on the home page.
- Click Ok on the confirmation alert which will pop up.
- In the subsequent screen, Go to Stage 1: Registration at the left hand side panel and Click on “Registration”.
- Register yourself in the portal with valid email id, mobile no and required correct details.
- Give correct email id and mobile no since these will be used for further communications.
- After registration, Go to Stage 2: Apply Online and Click on “Apply”.
- Enter your registration no and select the postal circle which you want to apply for.
- Fill the application form with correct details
- Choose your preferences wherever applicable.
- Upload necessary documents. Submit and print the application form
- After submitting the application, Go to fee payment and pay the applicable fee online.
Where Can one Apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2023?
Applicants can go through above mentioned steps to apply online for the GDS recruitment. Alternatively candidates can click on below direct link and apply for the Gramin Dak Sevaks recruitment.