FreshersCorner delivers the Headlines of Current Affairs as part of Today’s One Liner: July 16, 2023. Aspirants preparing for Banking, SSC, UPSC and other Competitive Exams can make use of this current affairs one liners. Candidates may also follow our website for daily current affairs one liners.
Current Affairs: One Liner – July 16, 2023:
- Prime Minister Modi pays tribute to former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu K. Kamaraj on his birth anniversary.
- Indian Army conducted preliminary camp for Artificial Limb Replacement at Ramsar, the border areas of Rajasthan.
- IMD predicts heavy rain in eastern parts of Bihar, moderate rainfall in Maharashtra for next five days.
- Union Ministers Mr. Amit Shah & Mr. Jyotiraditya M. Scindia reviewed the facilities and infrastructure for major airports.
- Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan launched AI for India 2.0, a free AI skill training course in Indian languages on the occasion of World Youth Skill’s Day.
- PM Modi reached Abu Dhabi on official visit, Meets president Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to bolster cooperation between India & UAE.
- PM Modi met Dr. Sultan Al Jaber, President-designate of COP-28, extended full support to UAE for its COP-28 Presidency.
- India-UAE issue Joint Statement on Climate Change emphasising on urgent need to address the global challenge.
- Nigeria’s President Bola Tinubu declares state of emergency to tackle rising food prices & shortages.
- Italian govt issues Red alert for 15 cities across country as extreme heat continues to affect southern Europe.
- Form new political party to contest upcoming general elections, said Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan
Banking & Finance:
- G20 Finance & Central Bank Deputies meeting concluded in Gandhinagar.
- India’s overall exports in June 2023 estimated at 60.09 Billion dollars.
- Indian hurdler Jyothi Yarraji, triple jumper Abdulla Aboobacker and middle-distance runner Ajay Kumar Saroj won gold medals at the Asian Athletics Championships 2023.
- World Para-Athletics Championship: Sumit Antil scripted a world record in F64 javelin throw with a best attempt of 70.83m.
- Wimbledon Tennis: Serbian second seed Novak Djokovic has entered the Men’s single’s final by defeating Italian eighth seed Jannik Sinner.
- BCCI has announced India Women squad for the Asian Games. Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the side, while Smriti Mandhana will be her deputy.
The following MoU’s have been signed during PM Modi’s visit to Abu Dhabi.
- MoU signed between the Ministry of Education and Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK), and the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) to establish 1st campus of IIT Delhi in Abu Dhabi.
- MoU signed for the establishment of a framework to promote the use of local currencies (INR-AED) for cross-border transactions by Governors of the respective Central Banks.
- MoU signed on interlinking payment and messaging systems by Governors of the respective Central Banks.