FreshersCorner delivers the Headlines of Current Affairs as part of Today’s One Liner: July 19, 2023. Some of the news including Launch of CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal, Demise of Former Kerala CM Oommen Chandy, US handing over trafficked antiques to Indian Consulate in NY and Indian Shuttler Satwiksairaj Rankireddy setting Guinness world record, making the headlines.
Current Affairs: One Liner – July 19, 2023:
- Home Minister launches ‘CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal’ for submission of claims by depositors of four cooperative societies of Sahara Group.
- Allotment of time to political parties on Akashvani and Doordarshan during election will now be online, says ECI.
- Former Kerala CM and Senior Congress leader Oommen Chandy passes away at the age of 79.
- There is adequate availability of coal for Thermal Power Plants in the country, clarifies Coal Ministry.
- OTT Platforms must be sensitive to the country’s cultural diversity, insists Union Minister Anurag Thakur.
- US hands over 105 trafficked antiquities to Indian Consulate in New York.
- India-GCC Buyers Sellers Meet at Dubai on Food and Beverages Boosts Trade Relations and Showcases Innovation.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh holds talks with Argentina’s Defence Minister; discusses ongoing defence cooperation initiatives between the two nations.
- U.S.-India Strategic Clean Energy Partnership (SCEP) Ministerial meeting held in New Delhi.
- Heatwave grips most parts of the globe; UN warns world must prepare for more intense temperature.
- US national detained in North Korea after illegally crossing border: UN
- Arunachal Pradesh Tourism Secretary Swapnil Naik launches ‘Yuva Tourism Club’ in Itanagar.
- Maharashtra Govt to Set up detention centers for foreign nationals indulging in drug peddling: Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis.
- Global Maritime India Summit will serve as a platform to showcase global best practices: Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal while addressing the curtain raiser event of GIMS 2023 in Mumbai.
- Korea Open 2023: Indian Men’s Doubles pair, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty enters pre-quarterfinals.
- Indian Shuttler Satwiksairaj Rankireddy sets Guinness world record for fastest badminton shot with 565 kmph.
- Australia’s state of Victoria not to host 2026 Commonwealth Games: Victoria state Premier Dan Andrews.
- IMD forecasts heavy to very heavy rain over many parts of the country during next 3-5 days.