TNPSC Research Assistant Recruitment 2023 Notification has been released by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission on 26th June 2023. The Commission has issued a detailed advertisement regarding this in its official website @tnpsc.gov.in. TNPSC recruits candidates for the posts of Combined Research Assistant in Various Subordinate Services. So candidates who are interested shall go through the details and apply online on or before 25th July 2023.
TNPSC Research Assistant 2023 Overview:
TNPSC has released notification for the Direct Recruitment of Research Assistant posts. The Commission will be conducting the examination for these posts in Computer Based Test (CBT) method. Below is an overview of the TNPSC recruitment.
|Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission – TNPSC
|Name of Post
|No. of Vacancies
|Start Date of Online Application
|Last Date to Apply Online and Payment of Fee
|Dates of Application Correction Window
|31.07.2023 12.01 AM
02.08.2023 11.59 PM
|TN Government Jobs
TNPSC Research Assistant 2023 Exam Date:
TNPSC has announced vacancies of Research Assistants in Tamil Nadu Town and Country Planning Subordinate Service and Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service through this recruitment. The Commission conducts exams for the services mentioned based on the below schedule.
|Tamil Nadu Town and Country Planning
|09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M
|09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M
|Evaluation and Applied Research
|09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M
Combined Research Assistant Vacancies:
The Commission has announce Research Assistant vacancies in various departments like Statistics, Economics, Geography, Sociology, Evaluation and Applied research. Candidates shall find the vacancy details from below table.
|Name of Post
|Name of Service
|Research Assistant in Statistics
|Tamil Nadu Town and
|Research Assistant in Economics
|Research Assistant in Geography
|Research Assistant in Sociology
|Research Assistant in Evaluation and Applied Research
|Tamil Nadu General
TNPSC Eligibility Criteria:
Aspirants applying for the Combined Research Assistant Examination need to fulfill certain criteria which make them eligible for the posts which are:
1. Age Limit:
Candidates applying for the posts should have completed a minimum of 18 years of age and should not exceed a maximum of 32 years of age as on 01.07.2023.
However candidates are eligible for age relaxations in their upper age limits based on certain categories as below:
- SC/ST/BC/MBC/Destitute Widows of all Categories: No Maximum Age Limit
- Persons with Benchmark Disability: 10 years
- Ex-servicemen: Maximum Age Limit is 50 years
2. Education Qualification:
Candidates should posses certain qualifications from a recognized University as on 26.06.2023 which is the date of notification as below:
- Research Assistant in Statistics: A Master’s Degree of any recognized Institution or University with Mathematics or Statistics as the Main Subject.
- Research Assistant in Economics: Candidates must posses Master’s Degree with Economics as Main Subject in First or Second class.
- Research Assistant in Geography: Candidates must posses Master’s Degree with Geography as Main Subject in First or Second class.
- Research Assistant in Sociology: Candidates must posses Master’s Degree with Social Work or Sociology as Main Subject in First or Second class.
- Research Assistant in Evaluation and Applied Research: Candidates should possess a Post-Graduate Degree with first class in Economics or Econometrics or Agricultural Economics or Statistics or Business Administration or Anthropology or Mathematics or Social work or Sociology or Public Administration
3. Knowledge in Tamil:
Candidates must posses adequate knowledge in Tamil in order to apply for TNPSC Research Assistant Recruitment 2023.
TNPSC Research Assistant 2023 Notification PDF:
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released an Official notification PDF regarding the Direct Recruitment of Research Assistant posts which candidates can refer from below link.
Candidates need to pay an one time registration fee along with examination fee as below:
- Registration Fee: Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee: Rs.150/-
- Mode of Payment: Online
Note: Candidates who have already registered with TNPSC’s one time registration are exempted from paying registration fee provided the registration is still valid. The validity of one time registration is 5 years.
Candidates are also exempted from paying the examination fee based on their category as follows:
- SC/ST/PwBD/Destitute Widow: Full Exemption
- BC/MBC: 3 free chances
- Ex-Servicemen: 2 free chances
TNPSC Research Assistant Salary 2023:
The candidates provisionally selected for the Research Assistant posts by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission are eligible for salary based on the Service as follows:
- Tamil Nadu Town and Country Planning Subordinate Service: Rs.36,200 – 1,33,100/-
- Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service: Rs.36,900 – 1,16,600/-
TNPSC Research Assistant Selection Procedure:
TNPSC selects candidates for the aforementioned posts based on the departments for which they are selected.
Selection of candidates for the post of Research Assistant in Evaluation and Applied Research Department will be made in two steps which are:
- Computer Based Written Test (CBT)
- Oral Test in the form of Interview
For the vacancies in Tamil Nadu Town and Country Planning Department the selection will be made in a single stage based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Computer Based Written Test (CBT).
TNPSC Research Assistant Apply Online:
Candidates are required to apply only through online mode in the Commission’s official website. Candidates can also follow below step by step process and apply for the research assistant posts easily.
- Log on to TNPSC Official website @www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Go to “Apply Online” link in the home page
- Click on “Apply Now” button in subsequent page
- Click on “Apply Now” link under post name “Combined Research Assistant in Various Sub-Ordinate Services Examination”
- Login using your registration no. and password
- Fill the details of the online application form properly
- Upload scan copies of Signature and Passport size photograph
- Upload scan copies of required documents
- Pay the examination fee if applicable and Submit the online application form
- Take print out of the application form for future reference
TNPSC Research Assistant 2023 Application Link:
Candidates can also follow the direct link given below and apply online for the combined research assistant examination 2023 conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
Candidates shall keep following Sarkari Naukri Admit Card page in FreshersCorner.in where we will post the admit card for TNPSC Combined Research Assistant Examination 2023.